Chicago drill star Lil Durk‘s lawyer filed a motion on Friday to dismiss murder-for-hire charges from 2022. His team is claiming the feds gave “false evidence” to a grand jury as they presented lyrics he wrote six months before the shooting as evidence. Durk (born Durk Banks) was charged last …
Read More »Suge Knight Refuses to Let Lawyer Quit, Retrial Begins Tuesday
As he heads into a second wrongful death trial involving the fatal 2015 hit-and-run of Compton businessman Terry Carter, Suge Knight is digging in, refusing to let his longtime lawyer, David Kenner, withdraw from the case. A judge ruled Monday that Knight’s resistance meant jury selection for the civil retrial …
Read More »Menendez Brothers' Lawyer Wants DA 'Thrown Off' Case, Resentencing Hearing Delayed
The resentencing hearing for Lyle and Erik Menendez was delayed again Thursday as defense and prosecution lawyers clashed in court, and the brothers’ lead attorney Mark Geragos said the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office should be “thrown off the case.” At the hearing in Van Nuys, California, which the …
Read More »Sean Combs Loses Bid to Delay Racketeering and Sex Trafficking Trial
A federal judge has denied Sean Combs’ request for a two-month delay of his upcoming criminal trial on charges of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking. At a Friday morning hearing in Manhattan, U.S. District Judge Arun Subramanian said the trial will proceed as planned on May 5, according to Inner …
Read More »Drake Claims NFL Censoring 'Not Like Us' During Super Bowl Backs His Defamation Claim
Drake has doubled down on his defamation and harassment claims against Universal Music Group (UMG), filing an amended complaint Wednesday that argues the NFL’s decision to ban the word “pedophile” from Kendrick Lamar’s Super Bowl halftime performance supports his allegation that “Not Like Us” is defamatory. “The version of the …
Read More »Sean Combs Adds Young Thug's Lawyer to Trial Team
Sean Combs has added Young Thug’s high-powered defense lawyer, Brian Steel, to his trial team. In a new court filing Tuesday, Steel submitted his credentials and asked to be specially admitted as an out-of-state lawyer in Combs’ criminal case with just weeks to go before jury selection starts on May …
Read More »Ron Jeremy Accusers Reach Global Settlement with Rainbow Bar
The famed Sunset Strip bar repeatedly sued over claims it allowed adult film star Ron Jeremy to prey on its female patrons has reached settlements with the alleged victims, lawyers revealed at a court hearing Tuesday. The global deal involving at least nine women suing the Rainbow Bar & Grill …
Read More »Nick Carter Sued by Fourth Woman Alleging Sexual Assault
Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter is facing a new lawsuit alleging he sexually assaulted a woman on two occasions while they were involved in a relationship in 2005. The civil complaint, filed last week in Nevada, alleges the abuse took place when the woman, Laura Penly, would travel from Oregon …
Read More »Menendez Brothers Prevail at Key Hearing, Resentencing Bid Will Proceed
Erik and Lyle Menendez appeared by video in a California courtroom Friday and scored a legal victory when a judge said their resentencing hearing will move forward as planned next week, despite fierce opposition from Los Angeles County’s recently elected district attorney, Nathan Hochman. At a lengthy court hearing in …
Read More »Director James Toback Ordered to Pay $1.68 Billion to 40 Women in Sexual Misconduct Suit
After a seven-day trial in New York, James Toback was ordered on Wednesday to pay $1.68 billion to 40 women who accused the disgraced director of sexual harassment. The jury awarded the plaintiffs a total of $280 million in compensatory damages and $1.4 billion for punitive damages. “We asked the …
Read More »