Cuba Gooding Jr.‘s civil sex abuse case, which alleged that he raped a woman in a New York City hotel in 2013, will no longer go to trial. The actor settled the lawsuit on Tuesday, just minutes before jury selection in the scheduled trial began, the Associated Press reports. The …
Read More »Bill Cosby Faces New Lawsuit Accusing Him of 1969 Rape
Bill Cosby faces yet another sexual assault lawsuit, this time from a woman who accuses the disgraced comedian of drugging and raping her in 1969. Victoria Valentino, a former Playboy centerfold, filed the lawsuit Thursday in a Los Angeles County Superior Court under the one-year window allowing alleged victims of …
Read More »Prosecutors Seek Harsher Sentence for Tory Lanez After Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Conviction
Prosecutors are seeking a harsher prison term against rapper Tory Lanez after he was convicted on three counts related to the 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. Lanez — legal name Daystar Peterson — will be sentenced by a judge on June 13, where he is facing a maximum of …
Read More »XXXTentacion Killers Sentenced to Life in Prison
The three men convicted of killing XXXTentacion outside a motorcycle shop in Florida in 2018 were sentenced to life in prison on Thursday, April 6. Dedrick Williams, Michael Boatwright, and Trayvon Newsome were all found guilty of first-degree murder and armed robbery late last month after seven days of jury …
Read More »Jack Harlow to Give Video Deposition in Nightclub Murder Lawsuit Trial
Jack Harlow has been ordered to give a deposition in relation to a 2021 nightclub murder involving his former DJ. Ronnie O’Bannon, also known as Ronnie Luciano, was charged with murder following the shooting death of bartender Kasmira Nash at a Louisville nightclub hosting a pre-Kentucky Derby party attended by …
Read More »French Montana Sued By Alleged Music Video Extra, Who Claims Shooting Was 'Preventable'
A man who says he was injured during a shooting at a French Montana music video taping in January is now suing the musician for $50,000. Carl Leon, who says he was an extra during a video shoot back in January, claims that the rapper and his associates did not …
Read More »GloRilla Concert Venue Where 2 Died in Crowd Surge Has License Revoked by Rochester Police
The police chief in Rochester, New York, has revoked the entertainment license of the venue where two people were killed during a crowd surge at a GloRilla concert Sunday. The Rochester Police Department’s Licensing Unit was scheduled to meet with the owner of the Main Street Armory Wednesday in the …
Read More »Justice Department Announces 'Pattern' of Civil Rights Violations by Louisville Police
The U.S. Justice Department announced Wednesday that the Louisville police engaged in “a pattern” of civil rights violations following an investigation into the police department in the aftermath of the shooting death of Breonna Taylor. Among the Justice Department’s findings were that the Louisville Metro Police Department used “excessive force, …
Read More »Alex Murdaugh Juror Says Cellphone Video, 'Big Liar' Testimony Led to Guilty Verdict
A juror in the Alex Murdaugh murder trial revealed the key pieces of evidence that led to the jury to convict the disgraced lawyer, who was subsequently sentenced to two life in prison sentences. Speaking to reporters prior to the sentencing, juror Craig Moyer revealed that it was cellphone footage …
Read More »Alex Murdaugh Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Wife and Son
Disgraced South Carolina lawyer Alex Murdaugh was sentenced to life in prison Friday, a day after he was found guilty of the murder of his wife and son. Murdaugh, the scion of South Carolina’s Lowcountry legal dynasty, was convicted of two counts of murder and two counts of possession of …
Read More »