An Arizona man was indicted on federal weapons charges after being arrested as part of a sting operation that involved a planned hate crime-related mass shooting at an Atlanta concert. Mark Adams Prieto, 58, was charged with firearms trafficking, transfer of a firearm for use in a hate crime, and …
Read More »Russia Announces National Day of Mourning Following Terror Attack at Moscow Concert Hall
Russian president Vladimir Putin announced that the country would observe a national day of mourning Monday in memory of the 133 victims of the Crocus City Hall mass shooting outside of Moscow. “The whole country, our whole people, mourns with you,” Putin said Saturday following the deadliest terror attack in …
Read More »At Least 133 Dead in Attack at Concert Hall Outside Moscow
At least 133 people were killed and more than 140 were injured during a mass shooting at a concert venue outside Moscow Friday, The New York Times reports. The attack took place at Crocus City Hall, a massive complex in Krasnogorsk that includes a concert venue, shopping mall, convention center, …
Read More »Worst Responders: The Far-Right Extremists Mobilizing to Mass Shootings
The Justice Department released a 575-page report last month detailing law-enforcement failures that exacerbated the massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. The document identifies groups that were first to respond to the shooting, with one glaring omission: a citizen militia called Patriots for America. Shortly after the gunman …
Read More »Nashville Covenant Shooter Wrote About Plans for 'Death Day' Ahead of Massacre
The shooter who killed three children and three adult staff members at Covenant School in Nashville in March planned the attack with specific people in mind, according to the shooters’ writings, as Nashville’s Metropolitan Police Department confirmed. The confirmation came after the pages were leaked online. “I am greatly disturbed …
Read More »Father Pleads Guilty to Misdemeanors Following Son Being Accused of Parade Shooting
Robert Crimo Jr., the father of the man who is accused of killing seven people and wounding many more at a Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, Illinois, pleaded guilty on Monday to seven counts of misdemeanor reckless conduct for aiding his son in obtaining a license to own …
Read More »Army Warned Maine Suspect Should Not Have Guns, Three Months Before Mass Shooting
In May, family members of Robert Card, 40,contacted the sheriff’s office stating that Card’s mental health had begun to decline in January. “They were concerned for his well being and said that Mr. Card had access to firearms,” Sheriff Joel Merry said in a statement issued Monday evening. Army representatives …
Read More »Maine Shooting Suspect Found Dead After 3-Day Manhunt
Robert Card, the suspect in the mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine, that left at least 18 dead and 13 more injured, has been found dead. The news comes after a three-day manhunt spanning several Maine cities. “The Maine State Police have located the body of Robert Card in Lisbon. He …
Read More »Their Bowling Alley 'Was a Safe Place' Until a Gunman Turned It Into a Nightmare
Samantha and Justin Juray were overseeing a packed family night at their bowling alley in Lewiston, Maine, when the unthinkable happened on Wednesday night. A man walked through their decorated glass doors with a high-powered rifle and started shooting. “I was there, front and center,” Samantha, 34, tells Rolling Stone. …
Read More »Divers Will Search River as Manhunt for Maine Shooter Continues
Officials in Maine provided an update on the manhunt for Lewiston mass shooting suspect Robert Card Friday morning, with the investigation focusing on the nearby Androscoggin River. Following the Wednesday night shootings that have killed 18 people so far, a vehicle belonging to Card was found near a Lisbon, Maine, …
Read More »